View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 10:55 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkletoes View Post
Never heard of Sensa, Mel. Are you going to be our official NT guinea pig?

I'll be interested to know if it works for you, my dear.

But wait! I thought you were on a spout diet! What do you need with Sensa?
Twinks:

Where, in my post did you read that it was FOR ME???

lol

It's for Alan.

But before I try anything, I wanted to see if any of YOU GUYS had heard of it, tried it, or what you thought of it.

I have absolutely no cravings since I do the sprout thing. I changed the way my brain looks at food. And when you do that, your brain KNOWS when you've had enough.

So, in MY case, I found something that works.

I'll tell you one thing though that is funny. Yesterday, my neighbors on another block had their annual block party. All the meat and sausages were grilling, frying, you name it, they had it on the grill.

I sat down at a friend's table and one of them said "Join us, eat!!"

I laughed and said "Thanks, but I'm a vegetarian (most of the time, but I don't eat any red meat for over 10 years now).

We all laughed and someone said "what do you eat?" and I began telling them that I grow sprouts in my kitchen, and what I do with them.

Well, one of the ladies looked at me like I lost my mind and said:

"SPROUTS??? SPROUTS???, "YOU MEAN YOU EAT ALL THAT TOFU STUFF AND SPROUTS??"

I laughed and said "Yeah, I love it, have you tried sprouts?"

That began a hate conversation on hating the taste of sprouts (especially bean sprouts), which was quite comical because I had just made some of the bean sprout patties in my kitchen and they were TO DIE FOR, when you put some yogurt dressing on it.

One of the ladies said "I wouldn't go near a sprout if you paid me, they are nasty, they are green".

The lady is about 350 lbs by the way.

We all laughed and had a good time.

I know their way of thinking because it WAS MY WAY OF THINKING FOR THE FIRST 50 YEARS OF MY LIFE.

But it is no longer my way of thinking. I wonder how I was able to be successful and keep at this for as long as I have done it.

I'm not complaining, but I just wonder. If you had told me 20 years ago that I would have a sprout rack in my kitchen, grow my own sprouts, get them organically grown from sproutpeople.com, well I would have laughed out loud and dug into my Romanian Tenderloin Steak.

And mashed potatoes and macaronie and cheese.

Oh, for those days!!!

lol

But I'm quite happy with what I put into my body now. It works for me.Not for everybody, but it does work for me.

And thankfully Alan eats what I put in front of him.

lol

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (11-06-2009), prairiemary (09-23-2009), Twinkletoes (08-25-2009)