Thread: Psycho-therapy?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 08:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have been going to therapy for years and it does help. Family and friends I hate to say eventually get sick of hearing about how you feel. It doesn't mean they are bad people and bad friends it just means they can't possibly identify with what you are going through.
Therapists are trained to listen and understand and maybe see things that you or your friends can't. They can give advice about those "funk" times, though it seems you do a great job about working on it.
Now all therapists are not equal. Some are better than others. I have been through 5 therapists for various reasons (mostly because of moving) and all of them were different in how they approached my issues. Some of them eventually lost their shiny newness and had an agenda for my issues, which wasn't an agenda I didn't accept or agree with.
So I would give it a try. If you don't like the person, try another one. If you don't like the whole idea, then you can stop. But keep in mind that it takes time and just a session or two won't be your epiphany.
Good luck!

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. -- Goethe

Diagnoses: FM, Sciatica, Rosacea, Piriformis Syndrome, SI joint disfunction, Joint Facet Syndrome L3-L5, Pinched Nerve (somewhere on the left side), Depression, Anxiety and Bipolar II

fiberowendy2000 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote