View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 02:13 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Hi Penguin,

Sorry to hear about everything you are going through right now! I really hope you are able to get some answers real soon! I really can't believe how awkward doctors can be sometimes ... they should try having RSD for themselves a day and see what we go through on a daily basis - maybe that way, they would pay more attention!!!!

When calling the NCOIC, I would make it clear that you need the referal making to the pain doctor ASAP! Tell your doctor that if she/he knows anything about RSD, they would know that the quicker it is diagnosed and treated properly, the more chance the patient has on going into remission and that it isn't something you can wait on!!!

I understand what you mean about not wanting to sound too nasty as i'm like that too. I really hate to complain as I think it will make me sound nasty but i'm slowly coming to realise that in life, you NEED to speak up otherwise you don't get anywhere!! I'd make it clear to the doctor that you are frustrated and that this has been ongoing for nearly a month now and that you need some help!

Good Luck with your semester this year! I hope everything goes well for you! I'm starting college on the 9th September and am pretty nervous but excited at the same time! I'm only 14 but the UK is currently doing diplomas for 14-16 year olds. I'm doing a course in Health and Social Care and have been told that it will be pretty hard work but hopefully, it will be worth it!!

I hope you are able to get the referal really soon ... you shouldn't have to keep waiting like this, it's pathetic!!

Take care of yourself and keep us posted when you can! You're in my thoughts!

Alison
AintSoBad (08-24-2009), Dew58 (08-23-2009), Penguin (08-23-2009)