View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 04:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Hi Nicky!

Hey sweetie! I DO know what you mean about the tongue, speech thing. It sounded like I was drunk all the time and my face was "frozen" for a few months - of course, I was dx'ed with TMJ but couldn't tell me why I was unable to speak. It got to the point to where I couldn't leave the house b/c no one understood me.....

You really need a :boost" of some form, b/c after my 1st stay on the hosp, I was FREE of my speech impediment. Granted, I was @ 80 mgs by the time I got home, but it was welllllllll worth it to be able to be UNDERSTOOD again. I would also have to push my lower jaw up in order to "chew" - do you have that problem?

It is truly scary to think of how sick we get and don't even realize it b/c it creeps up on us so slowly, so if you CAN, please keep a list of your syptoms and ANY changes you may have......anything new should be reported right away!

The other weird thing is that my "new" temp is anywhere between 95-96 now. All of the immunosuppressants I take have hit me hard, so you mat want to ask your dr about that!

It DOES get better! It really does! It may take a little longer than you'd like, but you WILL get there!

Love,
Erin

"Thanks for this!" says:
Nicknerd (08-23-2009)