View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 04:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks, girls!

I feel a bit more encouraged...I tend to feel particularly discouraged when my tongue just wont move the way I want it to! I worry that what if it never moves again?! It's so funny, the things we take for granted...A chunk of muscle the size of a pork chop is really important! It's the difference between communicating and not, eating and not and sometimes even breathing! Sorry about the funny analogy with the pork chop...We're having those tonight, and since my tongue decided to start working today...finally...I can enjoy those too...lol

The MG is so isolating...It impacts everything...Socializing, eating, energy, outlook...When the muscles get to working again, though, I get my hope back...The thing about mine, though, is that I feel even isolated from my fellow-MGers just because my symptoms are so odd...

I'm thinking of giving the IViG a shot again...I only had two treatments last time, and even though it didn't bring about major improvement, it did seem to stabilize things for a while and I didn't have the degree of weakness that I'm having now...The headache I got was scary, but I will make sure I'm well-hydrated if I have it again...

Thanks for relating, it helps a lot...I feel more encouraged, Kathy, that it also took a while for the prednisone to kick in for you too...It's kinda pooey, though, because I'm definately getting all of the side-effects...insomnia, voracious appetite, swelling feet, face, neck, infections...I think I see the seedlings of the buffalo hump people describe too...Also haven't gotten my period at all this month...weird...At this point, though...I don't care! I just want to be able to eat and speak freely for a while...

Thanks, Mary and Erin for relating about the tongue...I feel like I'm the only one who's got this type of weakness...This will sound really odd, but I actually feel sorry for it! lol...it looks so weak and feeble...I feel so sorry for what our bodies are going through, as odd as that sounds...lol

Thanks, Joanmarie...I'm definately hoping that I don't have some other neurological disorder on top of this one...It's mainly the unknown that bothers me...If I find out I do have something else, at least I can prepare for the future in the context of what that thing is...It's just the not knowing that throws me for a loop...

Nicky
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote