View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 10:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thank you!!

Yes I have been in a car accident. I didn't bang my head or anything though- my little jeep just took a roll down an embankment after I lost control on some black ice. The vehicle was a write off however though the cab?? was intact. I did start experiencing some intermittent lower back pain after but I considered that to be unrelated. I did get xrays at the time and they saw nothing (though that leads me to a diff question see below.) It was after the night sweats started but most of the other stuff started or got worse after it (which was why the counsellor thought maybe PMSD at first.) But the night sweats may be unrelated to the other symptoms. I'm looking through all the links. BTW I'm a girl. Thank you!

I also checked out the Arnold-Chiari information. I am going to ask for a MRI- which is harder to get in Canada (BC specifically- Thats where I am.) But after looking at the symptoms for this, I realized that I have one more that I didn't mention before (ringing in the ears, mainly because I thought it was normal) that would also make me want to get this one ruled out. Thank you for that!!

I have been tested many times for the thyroid and B12. So I know I do not think it is that but I am going to ask him to check the B12 again specifically just in case. Unfortunately. I have forced my doc to give me so many blood tests in the past year lol that I am worried that I am going to start looking like a druggie soon! kidding of course. Thanks for your help!

Now another question came out of this though- after the accident, they noticed on my back xrays a 'shadow' on my hip bone. They made me get a couple other xrays to confirm it. They didn't feel that it was necessary to do more however- my doctor had tried to explain it to me but I can't remember quite what he said. Likely a calcium buildup for something like that. I do remember that he said it was only an issue if my health was bad and since he considered me to be in good health, he was not concerned by it. Any idea why I would have that? I don't think it would be related so maybe I should be starting a new thread but if anyone knows about that sort of stuff I would love to have more info.

Thanks again for all your help. Its appreciated.

Last edited by TryingtoFigure; 01-04-2007 at 10:34 AM.
TryingtoFigure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote