View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 08:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Hi Susan!

Hey sweetie! Thanks for your kind words......when I was first dx'ed with MG I was scared and angry all of the time. I decided that while it may rob me of a few things (short term), it will NOT take my FAITH, HOPE or DIGNITY!

As long as we are alive, there is always - always - a chance for remission! I pray for it daily!

I TRULY appreciate life all the more. I really do! I feel so blessed to have made such amazing friends on this site!

You will have good days and bad days, the key is to not bottle up your emotions - rant, scream, cry, do it all! You are entitled to all of those emotions and need to express them!

On my bad days, I sit on the sofa eating frosting, watching old movies - crying my eyes out. Those days are few and far between now though.

I also realize how close I came to not making it and that really put things in perspective for me. Life is just too precious to not enjoy - relish - even!

I will get better! I am hoping to finally get my port or shunt so I can have monthly treatments - they make all of the difference in the world to me!

Hope you feel stronger today!

Love,
Erin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFlower View Post
Erin,
Thank you being so positive! Thinking positive is probably the best thing. How do you do it when things get so bad? I don't want to think about the bad things now, but I do have so many things to figure out. It feels good to have people to relate to. I think I have the right medication figured out at least for now-I feel ok and can see most of the time(although definitely my vision is not perfect).

No anxiety medication for me right now. I think what I need now is a support group-this place is great.

My curiousity wonders what causes MG, no one seems to know. The answer is probably at least somewhat in the common experiences.

I hope you are feeling better.

"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (08-26-2009)