Thread: Terrified!
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 11:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear Tracy,
First, thank you for being so brave and expressing your fears and your emotions so honestly and so deeply. I am sure that you are expressing the fears and worry that many of us experience and grapple with. Some are more private about expressing their fear,while others are more at ease sharing those thoughts with everyone.
I am certain your daughter and loved ones will love you no matter how you feel or look..When love is genuine, it endures all.

I used to feel embarassed when I used a rollabout (knee caddy) and crutches, and when I rode the handicap carts at the store. I understand how you feel so well...Now I use a cane and at some point soon I will need a mobility scooter..so I know how you feel about the walker..there are some things I still can't accept about these changes in my life, and some aspects that I must accept out of necessity. I feel like an outcast in that there is so much I can no longer do, and often I feel alone because I am left out of events and activities that I simply can't handle because of mobility, pain, etc.

But in time, I hope I will be able to come to terms with my new life and my new self and look for aspects of it that are good. I hope the same for you.

I hope you are able to find a support group, or can get help from a psychologist who specializes in RSD and chronic pain. This is a disorder in our lives that has a painful emotional impact., and the reality is overwhelming..please don't feel alone in having those feelings of fear and worry..I know I, and many of us, are going through the same thing. I have been to a couple of support groups and have started a series of classes called Mindfully Based Stress Reduction. We learn ways of dealing with chronic pain and emotional changes in our lives. I have met some good friends there and i don't feel like an outcast with them, and I am beginning to find some strength.

It's time to see another doctor who will care about you and who will take your concerns seriously...I am relieved that you have an attorney who is working with you and will help you see another doctor...you'll feel much better once you have a doc who is willing to listen to you!!
I am thinking of you and hoping you will find a doc soon who will help you...
It sounds like you have a very loving daughter
Many warm hugs,
Hope4thebest
hope4thebest is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (08-24-2009), hopeful11 (08-24-2009), loretta (08-24-2009)