Thread: I'm Crying
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 08:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I'm Crying

I'm just so frustrated and sad. I've had MG for 14 years and most of them I can say that the disease was under control. But after almost 4 years of it being under control with CellCept, Mestinon and IVIG treatments now I have come across something that I didn't expect would happen. I just had 4 courses of IVIG, which used to be my wonder drug, and now the weakness is back again. I've increased my CellCept from 2000 mg to 2500 mg and I swear it is making me feel so sick that I am about to tell my Neuro I want to decrease it again. This last IVIG was with a different brand and for some reason my white blood count was higher than normal so I am not sure if I have something else going on or not. That has never happened before either.My Primary Care docotor is running additional blood tests to see if there is something else going on. I just feel sooooo crappy.

I'm so sad and scared. I have been trying to avoid Prednisone and now I am faced with the fact that I will more than likely have to go ahead and get on it.I'm so scared of it because I have been told that you get so much worse before you get better. I have never had to be put on a vent and I am afraid that if I start Prednisone that it will make me worse and that will happen.

I can't stop crying and don't know what to do. I don't know why my current treatment plan has stopped working. I just don't know why it stopped.
Shari_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote