Thread: I'm Crying
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 08:40 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Shari, Jenna has some good suggestions.

I am so sorry you are not doing well. I know people who have maxed out the drugs and aren't well. It's like you aren't sure if it'll be the drugs or the MG that'll make you feel worse.

One thing you should make sure of is whether or not something else is making your MG worse, like electrolyte imbalances or thyroid or hidden infection (because of the higher white count). An internist can check all that out.

When you are immunosuppressed, it's hard to determine if you have an infection. They can run the erythrocyte sedimentation rate too, in addition to the white blood cell count. It's not a specific test but can send them in other directions.

I can't do the drugs you are on, for a few reasons. I have to manage with Mestinon and rest. The day after going to my niece's wedding, my body is horrid and my oxygen stats are low 90's. I know how frustrating it is to not feel well, not be able to do things and, on top of that in your case, have the drugs that are supposed to help you fail at doing that.

Is there even the slightest possibility that the drugs are working and that you may be overdosing on the Mestinon? Your neuro can figure that out.

I think all of us have those times where we can't stop crying because of what this damn disease does to our lives and bodies. And sometimes we can be too tired to fight to get ourselves better. I hope you can get your doctors and family/friends to help you out. It's times like the one you are going through when we need all the extra help and support we can get.

I really hope you can stabilize your MG soon. Again, I'm sorry things are so hard right now. It can get better though!

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote