Thread: I'm Crying
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 09:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks everyone. I really, really appreciate all the responses. I wanted to post earlier but didn't want to seem like I was being a baby.

My Neuro sent me to my Internist on Friday for more blood tests since the blood test results after the last IVIG were a little wacky. Usually I use Octogam and that has always caused my Phosphorus to dip real low (1.4 or so) and that would be the only thing that would be abnormal. I have been on phosphorus pills daily for that but this time when I used Gammunex, my phosphorus stayed normal and other levels were out of wack (white blood count, sodium, showed anemia for the first time and a few other things). I don't usually experience what I am right now so soon after the IVIG's so that has really made me concerned. Does one brand differ that much from the others? The Neuro team in the hospital mentioned Plasmaphersis but didn't do it. I've never had that done either and not sure about it. It seems so scary to me but if that is what needs to be done then I'll do it.

I am also feeling very cold and my temperature is staying around 97 or even lower, sometimes 96.8 . Does that make any sense? This is such a big old mess right now. I just feel so sick all over, without the temperature that comes with a flu.

I am trying to be as normal as possible for my kids but it is getting hard and they are starting to worry about me. They are used to me feeling good or if I had a little flare up, it would just be for a little while and I would be back on my feet. Now I am laying down more than I am up. Thank God for my husband. Unfortunately I am getting to the point that I want him home with me almost all the time just for the security. I feel ridiculous, I am a 43 year old woman who is going back to being a sick little child. I keep trying to tell myself that I have been through this before in the past and it eventually got better. But of course that isn't working as well as it should.

Okay, I'm done for now. Thanks for letting me vent everyone. I forgot how much better you feel when you have others that know what you are going through.

Joanmarie63,
I wanted to try meditation. Can you suggest any good CD's or something?
Shari_W is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote