View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 12:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused Constant sever back pain

About a year ago i slipped in the shower and although i did nt fall i Jarred my back which caused me untold pain. I went to see my doctor who told me that i had torn a ligament and the muscle was ' spasming ' around the tear to protect it??? He adminstered Very strong painkillers (DF 118 or DHC 60 mg 2 am & 2 pm ) and muscle relaxants.This kwelled the pain and i was able to work etc but that was about it the rest of the time i was too sore to partake in physical activity and even pottering around the house was hard work. After about 7 months I gradually lowered the painkilling dose and was able to gradually resume a normal life. At Christmas this year i started to feel pain in my back again and over the next few months it got worse. I have a swelling at the base of my back which you can see and feel. In April i returned to my doctor as the pain was just getting unbearable since then i am on Morphine sulphate capsules 60mg am and between 30 and 60mg pm, as well as the DHC and Oramorph for break through pain. I have had an MRI scan which showed various things that i dont understand and Dehydration of L3 & L4???? The pain is so bad, constant and gives me shooting pains down my back and right buttock and leg. As a result i am unable to work or basically carry out daily tasks such as cleaning the home going out with my children even for walks. Has anyone experienced any of the symtoms that i have described or heared of anything like it? I am due to see a surgeon soon but am terrified of doctors hospitals or anything to do with them. I anyone can give me any information of what could be causing this or what the cure could be i would be extreamly grateful.
dannyefc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote