View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 01:04 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Except for some numbness I had that began in April of 2006 (which a quack Physician's assistant told me was a sprain! she also misdiagnosed mononucleosis 10yrs earlier), my first MS symptom was optic neuritis in August of 2006. Giant blind spot obscured 2/3rds of my vision in the left eye for several months and my color vision was fubar for most of a year. I didnt have any treatment or steroids for that then.

My vision is now back to near normal of what it was before I had optic neuritis. I had another exacerbation in june and july of this year. Diplopia (double vision) I couldnt stand the vertigo that the double vision was giving me, and the double vision was so...irritating to me that I begged for IV steroids. My vision is again back to near normal now, a month after steroids, but it's really easy to trigger the double vision to come back. (fluorescent lights, large crowds, and heat seem to set it off fairly easily)

I'm also getting vertigo fairly easily still and do occasionally wake up to being spun around by the vertigo. At least the double vision for the most part has gone away. It's not constant anymore.

One plus to the steroids, I think it helped the residual problems I had from the optic neuritis I had in 2006. Some colors (greens and blues) look a LOT better to me than they did earlier this year. It does seem like I have to strain my vision to read at distances that I could read easily earlier this year tho.

Bad side to the steroids, I have really horrible insomnia lately. But, at least I can see now and I'm not walking into walls and doorways and tripping over things.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (08-24-2009), SallyC (08-24-2009)