View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 01:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Anyone have a tooth absess since dx w/ MS?

Went to dentist this morning. I've had a lump under my jawbone for several weeks. Been on two rounds antibiotics. It has progressed to a definite absess.
(sp?)

He said he would do a root canal IF that is my choice. But he doesn't recommend it. Says over 75% of time, it temporarily solves the immediate pain issue. But the nerve are dead and it may have infection develop back with no way to get it out. Then tends to mess up the immune system and can travel to any system in the body.

He says with my MS he feels my body is already doing enough fighting without adding another problem for my immune system to try to sort out.

The other alternative is to pull the tooth. But it is under a bridge, so ultimately I would end up with the two back teeth missing, putting a crown on the third one.

I hate this, I have always tried to take such good care of my teeth. I brush almost compulsively. I can't stand the thought of losing these teeth. But I guess that may have to be my choice.

Has anyone dealt with a similar situation or know anything about this. I could use some advice.
Thanks.

HANG IN THERE!

If I had to sum up FRIENDSHIP in one word, it would be COMFORT. ~Adabella Radici

MS/dx2006
BETASERON (Quit May 2011)
COPAXONE (Began June 2011)
Friend2U is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote