View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyC View Post
I heard this and yes it sucks. But other programs are also being hit hard like college grants, childcare, back to work programs, etc. even though it was said that wouldn't happen. We're just trying to remember the gov saying all of us will have to sacrifice until this is over and I guess this is one of those. I wonder if we'll get back pay for how long we have to go without a COLA? I say we sign a petition that we'll do it but we want the money back when things are better. Yeah, I know, I am dreaming again.
Last night I was listening to the newsman on tv and he said "there will not be a COLA for two years, and while it's against the law to reduce the benfits in a person's social security check, the money we lay out for Medicare Part D will be increased."

Does this mean that the money they take out of my social security check each month, well, are they going to INCREASE this amount.

For example, they take $98 each month out of my check, so, if this is true, and they increase this amount, well, how much do you think they will be taking out of our social security (beginning next year)?

Anyone hazard a guess?
Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyC (08-24-2009)