View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 03:01 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I don't know Melody but it is true. They will raise medicare costs while freezing COLA for all of you on SS. Jim pays the same amount you do so I imagine it will go up a certain % and we have to minus that off our checks from what they are now. My mom relies on COLA for her increases in rent and Medicare so not sure what she'll do when she finds out. I wonder how many other government checks will be frozen for COLA? We also get a VA pension because of Jim's military service and there is a COLA every year. Guess we'll have to wait and see. Jim's SS check is so little now that increasing Medicare and no COLA will more than likely put him under $700 a month because he didn't work long. Hang on, the ride is going to get bumpy everyone.

It's kind of ironic isn't it? No tax increase for those under 200g's but those making "jack be knimble" on SS will not get their COLA? I know they say the economy hasn't improved since the economy fell. I don't know about you guys, everything is expensive out there so that is an increase in the economy!

Last edited by SandyC; 08-24-2009 at 06:00 PM.
SandyC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote