View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 03:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for the quick response.

I have had bilateral rib resections and scalenectomies done in '00 and '01. At this point, one of the biggest issues is the chest pain and shoulder pain when I am active. As a result, I think that my neck muscles are more out of shape and that is contributing to more of the TOS neck/headaches. So I am hopeful that this surgery would lessen the shoulder and chest pain to allow me to address some of the other TOS issues in ways other than rest and meds...

When you say loss of functionality, how much do you mean? Just strength or dexterity too? If you could give some idea of the impact of daily life, that might be helpful for me to understand the extent...

How painful was the recovery? How long? I would travel out of state if I were to do this, how long were you in the hospital?

I have had many nerve blocks, both botox and marcaine (I think...) that have helped the shoulder pain... just need to find out where they were putting them, let 'em try again to confirm...

It has been a long time. I am trying not to get my hopes up too soon.

Thanks for any more info you can give me,

Hugs,

Wylie

Last edited by Wylie; 01-04-2007 at 03:13 PM. Reason: forgot to include rib resections
Wylie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote