View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 08:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Bp/work

Hi Melek, I have been trying to remember when you had your accident. It was in a super market wasn't it? I stopped working approx 6 years afterwards. I was constantly only just coping, now when I think back I don't know how I lasted so long. Maybe it was just total bloody mindedness. I know that I was only hanging on by the tiniest thread and when I was (well the firm was) fired by what had been my favourite client it was just the last straw for me and that was that - basically had a melt down and went home. - and have been home ever since. I don't think I have totally got over it all yet.

On the plus side my husband and I have a better quality of weekends - we can go places and do things that we couldn't do previously due to my constant overwhelming tiredness. I still can't cope with any kind of pressure and I have a feeling that this will not improve in a rush. I guess when I stopped working I had some kind of break down- I think it may have been a good thing that it happened the way it did as I would never have left willingly - it would have been more like I had a car accident when driving home due to tiredness that would have stopped working for me - if you know what I mean.

The hardest part of stopping work was losing my practicing certificate after a year but I do think I am feeling a lot better without work - it hasn't meant that I am able to do away with my 2 rest times during the day though- but I think that I am a nicer person not working. I too had a trouble with my mouth running away on me - I tended to speak my thoughts with out any control! I am receiving ACC - like your workers compensation I think -but it is a constant battle with them which does not help your brain.

Maybe now you have spoken back to your boss he will have some respect for you - do you have any Human Rights or Discrimination Laws that you could use against him?

I saw my psychiatrist yesterday and asked him about BP and he said that he didn't think it was linked and it was an age thing - I'm 53, you are about the same aren't you - how old are you Donna? I also asked him about the exercise headaches and he said it is the increase in blood circulation in your brain - forgot to ask him why more blood flow in your brain causes such pain though

Lynlee
oh - yes I stepped off a grass verge and forgot that it was 2 feet higher than the road yesterday - I managed to avoid hitting my head by roling onto myside and putting my arm up so am grazed and bit my tongue - hurts to talk at least my head is ok - guess I'll find out in a couple of days - the jarring will have been like whip lash .......der.......................
Lucy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote