Thread: Heel pain
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 09:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy I hear ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLBEYMOORE View Post
I have had it in the past it was diagnosed as plantar fascitis. Took about a month for it to clear up but very very uncomfortable to have on top of the neuropathy.

Please read below for brief description.

Inflammation of a thick band of tissue called the plantar fascia at the bottom of the foot is the main cause. plantar fascia at its origin becomes inflamed (at the heel bone, or calcaneus's) and causes the classic pain at the bottom or side of the heel. It is most painful upon arising in the morning. The pain results from the stretching of the plantar fascia after it has tightened during rest.
I also am experiencing a bout of plantar fasciitis on my left foot. I've had it for about 4 months. I had it before when I was a young guy wearing "boat" shoes with zero support! I ended up with custom made orthotics and that eventually cleared it up. This time it is back. Coupled with...on the other foot...a nasty case of hammertoe! Both my 1st and 2nd toe are claw like. It is painful and the main joint in each toe is swollen like it is most likely arthritic.
Honest to God....Of course I took my healthy feet for granted as a youngster.It sure would be nice to be pain free for just one day. Miss a dose of Lyrica and the burning comes back. But....like I've said in the past....sitting for long periods also creats shooting pains in the feet. Which....dumps the neuromas that I had taken out of each foot....even though I'm sure there wasn't any neuroma issues in the first place. It just added to my problematic feet. Numbness from the surgery, coupled with the burning that doesn't clearly have a specific cause. Like my neurologist says.....it doesn't matter if the PN is idiopathic, coming from my back, or being one hiccup away from diabetes....it all is still PN.
Yes....the whole thing just sucks! Plain and simple. Bedtime is the only time for relief....I welcome it so.
jakatak is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote