View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 09:58 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Keep at it! Do not give up, .....

unless you want to give up on life! I mean that from my heart.
It took me over a YEAR to get a diagnosis of CIDP and thus IVIG.... something you might want to think about? But, first a diagnosis MUST be achieved!
Here is a key site used for those w/Peripheral Neuropathy issues, and some others....http://neuromuscular.wustl.edu/alfindex.htm
As you can see? There are LOTS of things to consider! This site has a thumbnail sketch of what seem like a zillion neuro problems, and, you brain can go totally numb going thru them all. It IS a good thing to go thru though to see just how difficult it can be sorting out nerve, immune and structural body issues out. Really tho, many nerve problems tend to be 'clustered' into groups. I hope you don't quit and get the best diagnosis and treatment you can.
BTW? Do not EVER say 'I learned it on the 'web''!? I always say instead, 'I've read about this from the 'NIH or Pub med' and go from there, or that's a concern maybe, and what about this other?'. Maybe take a good look at family history? Sometimes clues can be there [in my case NOT] and can open new doors for more tests and maybe, no-definitely the right diagnosis!
It IS very hard at first, to learn all the terms and aspects of 'doc speak'. I have to tell you? IF I Can learn IT? Anyone can if they truly care about themselves.
You find out just how strong you really are in the process....and, it IS OK to cry and go 'Why Me?' now and then. But then, I always respond to myself? Why NOT?!!!!!
No matter how much help or support you have [or not?], you can and will go thru heaps of things in your mind and go heaps of circles like a hamster on a wheel. It comes with the territory. Just learn as much as YOU can to learn how to ask the right questions to get you where you MUST go. I am no doc, but I have been thru that 'system' and can see where you are at rite now. I am in a far better place for the 'keeping at it'!
ONly YOU know how wrong things are - just find the bestest words to say what all is wrong that the docs can relate to.
Hope always! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote