View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 06:42 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused MS? Relapse? What the?!!

hi all,

I'm in the land of limbo & confused.

I know MS relapses have no pattern and are different for everyone, but is there a pattern to how a relapse comes on?

(I have no dx). My 'symptoms' just have a mind of their own.

Most days i start off walking fine except for some pins and needles in my hands/feet. Then when I walk for maybe 5 mins or less, the slight limp starts. Then maybe after 10-40 mins (depends if it's a good or bad day) I'm effected in both legs, and start the 'shuffle' like i'm carrying around sacks-of-potato-legs.
Same thing is brought on by getting too hot.
So if I stay cool and don't walk anywhere I'm mostly ok!!

But then 2 weeks ago (for 7 days) I shuffled nearly everyday and it was a whole lot worse all of a sudden. That little episode started with what could've been the 'MS hug'. (If I knew i had MS for sure it sounded like what I've read as the hug).

Then tonight while bathing my kids I had a bad pain in my leg for 2-3mins and had to sit down. Like a "ahhh' out-loud pain. Since then (a couple of hours) my legs feel heavy and.... - I can only describe it as this 'white burning heat' - I know, it sounds weird, but it's not hot heat, it's like 'cold heat', like Dencorub is on my ankles. Does this make sense to anyone?!
I had some twitching and shooting pains afterwards too.

Does this sound like an MS pattern or some other disease anyone else knows of ?!!???

I hate this 'not-knowing' what is wrong with me!!!!!
Michelle