View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 08:19 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Welcome to the PN forum, Plochman.

Diabetics lose some nutrients via the urine. The two most important ones are magnesium and inositol.

Can you tell me what drugs you take daily?
Metformin?
Blood pressure ones?
diuretics?

When the calcium/magnesium ratio is not optimum at what the body needs and uses daily, because of poor intake from food or depletions caused by some drugs...the muscles do weird things.
I ran into a calcium problem on vacation this year...the first time it has happened to me (because my diet changed suddenly). I've had magnesium problems for a LONG time and have a thread here:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/showthread.php?t=1138
If you go there you will see how huge this subject is. There are books out there now, written by doctors as well on this topic!

If you stand on your feet alot in your job, this can happen too.
Low magnesium levels cause failure of contraction to relax. When I used to work 13 hr days, I had mild hammertoes then when low on mag. My foot doctor had me buy WIDE shoes, to help with this.

Some nutrients are useful for diabetic neuropathies. Some are:
Benfotiamine (a special form of Thiamin B1)
magnesium
Vit B12 (have you been tested for this? Metformin depletes it)
Acetyl-l-carnitine
CoQ-10 (are you taking statins for cholesterol?)
Vit D (new studies show very important and low levels in diabetics)-- please watch this new video...and get tested.
This is a long video but it may change your life!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ-qekFoi-o

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote