Thread: Result!!
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 02:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thank you

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I have to say without your support and advice this journey would have been extremely difficult.

But we are only half way there, hopefully I will get a diagnosis, but I am also aware we could also be back at square one. Sorry to be negative but Ive got excited about seeing other consultants before and ended up having the MG diagnosis taken away. So basically Im nervous as hell!

It was a dear friend that I met through the internet that told me to take my husband along. As she has experience in the medical field, she felt that he would provide the Consultant with an objective view. My mum normally attends the appointments, but she doesn't live with me. She can only report on what I have told her. Jamie on the other hand lives with me and can be objective. It is ridiculous and demeaning that with my evidence alone it wasn't enough to convince him prior to this. But if taking Jamie along is what was needed, the thats fine by me. Its come at the right time.

I have done this with all my Gp appointments as I am physically unable to get there under my own steam, but it has no affect. My Gp is treating Jamie for stress and anxiety, mainly caused by my illness and he's yet to put the two together. Or realise how bad it is. As Jamie told the consultant what its like for him, I broke down. He's been so strong where lesser men or women would have walked away. I am blessed, but I am also concerned about the toll it is taking on him.

All I can say is to any new people out there take partners with you, so they can tell the Drs what the illness is not just doing to you but your family as well. Maybe it will have more impact, it certainly proves you dont put it on for the Drs benefit!

Its been a very strange day! My consultant was like a completely different man today. Willing to listen, and not fob me off. He accepted the info I gave him graciously and in the spirit it was intended, to help others and so that he can improve his care of his patients. Thats all I wanted.

Lets just hope and pray they are open minded in London. You may have noticed my faith in Drs has been a little dented!

Thank you again for all your kind messages and support.

Love
Rach
rach73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote