Thread: Terrified!
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 03:15 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

I don't understand, exactly how these WC ins. companies can lock you into one doctor?
It seems you should have the freedom to see who ever you choose, this is still America, for a while anyway.
I think you should be able to call around, call the ins. company, and have them specifically deny coverage of a "good doctor" that you've found and want to see. (Find out what the doctor needs), and ask the doctor that you're seeing, for referrals to certain doctors.

Why is this system so broken?

(I was a Master Plumber originally, and quickly learned on a "leak through ceiling", from bathroom above, once I got it diagnosed, to quickly rip that bathroom out, before the ins. could take control.) It seems that they're better at "duping" folks into buying their line, once they get control. On one job, the client was paid some $500, before I arrived on the job. Luckily, her plumber didn't show up.
I went in, and found water damage so extensive, (Including an antique grandfather clock) that this elderly woman, and her husband (who had dementia) were paid well over $30,000. Yes, you read that right. Think anyone at that Ins. company cried for that poor couple, who had been paying premiums for over 40 years?

Now, can someone tell me why WC isn't the same?
If you get hurt, and go to YOUR doctor, and let him "take control", it seems to me, that you've got it all over the ins. company?

There are Lazy lawyers, and do nothing Ins. companies. We've got to stand up for ourselves?

Pete
AintSoBad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote