Thread: Terrified!
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 03:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Tracy,
I can understand how you feel about the disease spreading, mine spread very quickly thougout my body. One thing I do want to encourage you to do is don't give in to wc. They make you jump through hoops in hope that you will go away. As everyone else has said it is time to find a new doctor. Can your lawyer work with wc to find you someone who specializes in RSD? If you had a family doctor before your injury I believe you can see s/he now. In the state I live in you only have to see wc doctor for the first 30 days then you can see the doctor you choose. Unfortunately, the only thing wc is interested in is making sure you get back to work. That's what they get paid for.

I think the hard part is hellping our love ones to understand our disease. I don't blame them. I never heard of RSD (and I am a nurse) until I had a student who had it. I only barely understood it at first myself. I don't know if financially it is possible for you to join RSDSA. I think it was $25 to join and they sent me a lot of good information including cards that explain exactly what it is. Did you see the article in People magazine concerning RSD. When my daughter read it and came upon the part were the patient states the burning in his feet feels like someone is holding a blow torch to them, she looked at me and said is that really how it feels. Of course, I said yes and I could almost see the lightblub over her head. All we can do is try and educate our families and pray for the best. I believe our families love us irregardless of what illness we acquire.
Hang in there.
wishing you better days,
Hope
hopeful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
screwballpookie (08-28-2009)