View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 06:16 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Is this the one that you use to control your computer? Or is it the program that you can use to control the computer AND the computer can speak back to you??

When I had to do a project in my Desktop Publishing class about using computers as aides in school (the teacher was aiming towards using Word or Powerpoint as teaching aides) I did my project on the basic built in narration and voice control programs that come with Windows computers. Had a lot of fun making the teacher's computer follow my voice commands in class.

I had to "teach" my laptop and the teacher's computer to respond to my voice, which meant that I had to turn the program on and read the pre-programmed phrases into the computers so they'd learn my voice and inflection.

I would like to get the same program that you got and install it on all my Windows computers, it would be great to have a better version of a program like that than the bare bones one that comes on the Windows computers. I dont use it much on the ones I have, probably because I dont need to use it, but sometimes it's fun to play with.

I'm not sure if my iMac that I use more than my Windows computers has the same capability. It probably does, it has way better narration capabilities than a Windows computer, so it probably has better voice command capabilities too. I'll have to check.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote