View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 10:57 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

The gym I go to is air conditioned, the other night when I got warm it was weird. It was like almost 10pm, there were maybe 3 or 4 other people in there (one being my dad, maybe a couple of other gym patrons and the guy at the front desk to checks memberships.)

It was really warm and muggy in there then. Today when I went, people were practically fighting over the machines (yay! I got my favorite end of the row treadmill!) and it was kind of cold in there. (not that I'd complain about that)

Of course, today's humidity wasnt as nasty.

I want to go swimming, but they have such nasty fluorescent lights in the pool area that I end up wanting to rip my eyeballs out by the optic nerves thru my nose. Why do these places have to use such craptastic lighting sources? At least the treadmill area is right next to the big east facing windows (which is nice in the afternoons...no hot sun blasting me, and no nasty artificial light)

Today I had a different problem on the treadmill. Perfumes!!

Several girls got on the treadmills next to me, trying to kill me with the copious amounts of perfume they marinated themselves in this morning when they went to work...and they were wearing competing scents. It's like getting maced! and then when they were gone, some guy came over, wearing a wife beater t-shirt (a pink peachy color) and sweats, with a scent emanating from his body that reminded me of Hai Karate aftershave and unwashed personal areas that probably hadnt seen soap in days. Which probably explained the Hai Karate-like scent. He was trying to cover up his laziness at dealing with his bodily hygiene. (oh, yay...look at that...my half hour's up! gotta go!!!)

I hate perfumes...especially in the gym.

At least I got my half hour of walking, and I actually sped the treadmill up a little bit more than I usually do. Hope that I dont regret that later. I need to get a refill of baclofen soon.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (08-25-2009)