View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 07:08 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi. I am so happy for you and your daughter. I understand as a mom how this takes a toll on you as well. I think as my mom is my hope and strength I have a few thoughts through the 2.5 years what is working and not. Of course this changes. I agree first to stay in the day. For my body I will make progress to have a back slide so it is very key to not give up hope and remind myself there are up and downs. I encourage you to do for yourself. For the first 2 years of my condition my mom isolated and did nothing for herself. This gave her no break or friend support which is very needed through this. It truly makes me happy that she does for herself. So take a hobby class,get your nails done etc. I know my mom just wants to take my pain away and feels so scared. There were times we had no idea pre dx what was going on cause I had multiple conditions going on. I am older then your daughter so I think had more fears and I know my mom did too but she was my advocate of getting care and staying hopeful. That is all you can do as a mom and be there to listen. I am just an email away if you want any support too or your daughter. One day at a time or for me one hour at a time often
daniella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (08-26-2009), hope4thebest (08-26-2009), SandyS (08-26-2009)