View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 08:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Not forgotten

There are many details I still have to learn, so I have to read through the amazing archives you built up about the Amgen betrayal. I do not even have the book yet! (Monkeys in the Middle). I will get the book and read the archives, but even without that, without all the arguments and counter-arguments, it is immediately obvious that what was done to the Parkinson's volunteers was WRONG. Is anyone tracking the 48 volunteers, and what became of them and how they are doing? And the list of their names - does anyone have that? So that whoever starts producing the drug can chisel the names of all the volunteers on the outside wall of their head office, in recognition of the courage and generosity of those who put their lives on the line for all of us.
I have no power except what we all have - the power of truth and the knowledge of what is right and what is wrong. I do not know what will come of this, but one thing, and only one thing, I guarantee: the courage of the Parkinson's volunteers will not be forgotten. A whole new generation of PWP now being diagnosed are going to know the story and carry it in their memories to teach the ones who come after them. We have not forgotten; and anyone who tells you that what was done was acceptable, normal, and routine, has flunked the Litmus Test and should find another line of work; far away from People With Parkinson`s.
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote