Thread: Heel pain
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 08:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I had a terrible attack of heel spurs about 15 yrs ago....they were so painful. One podiatrist I went to (who I did not trust) wanted to do the that surgery, but I thought to wait and see if
they would heal themselves...and they did. I am very careful with my shoes now, and have not had a recurrance of pain there. I saw on the x-rays...huge spurs, so I know they are in there!

My PN has never spread past the balls of my feet permanently. (numbness and pain that is). I can get burning all the way up my knees at times, but mostly my PN is confined to my first 3 toes on the right foot and the 2nd and 3rd toe on the left. After I had that crush injury on the big toe of my right foot (the boulder dropping) I have peculiar numbness on parts where the bone was broken. I guess that nerves there were crushed as well as the bone.
I have talked to 100's of folks on heelspurs.com as well as the podiatrist that hangout there and for some reason sometimes when you get one symptom like TS "tarsal tunnel syndrome" in which the tendon is actually pinching on the nerve you get PN that can take years to overcome. One thing makes another flare up. PF causes a bout with PN or vise versa. a bout with PF leads to TS as well. I think in many cases all three of these are really an underlying problem with pn and the doctors haven't made the connection.