View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 12:22 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

In the references, the high doses of l-carnitine are claimed to possibly upset the stomach.

Not all of the carnitine is absorbed, some remains behind and can cause loose stools.

The acetyl form is better absorbed but not 100% either.
I always suggest taking acetyl or regular carnitine in divided doses during the day. And I would not increase past 2 grams eventually, unless you work out alot. Body builders take high doses.

Also if you increase too quickly, you may pass a dose that would have worked that was lower. You don't want to take alot if you don't "have to". I'd stay at about 1 gram for about a month to give it a chance to work, and if that doesn't, then go up to 1.5 gram, or eventually to 2 gram.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote