View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 02:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey, reverrett, Rick Everett, I apologize more than you do because my website relies heavily on the You Tube of you dancing, on the first page of the site. Without that video, I had nothing to use to reply to the neurologist who was saying the way you can identify that someone has PD is by the fact that they can't dance. So, bingo, up comes the video of you.
Trouble is my middle name; so, yeah, I will support anything that makes it clear that the volunteers were not forgotten, and we will not tolerate being treated like that in the future. I will continue in my own way; your proposals I also support fully; the biggest problem is that we always seem to be PWP talking to PWP, and some of this needs to get out to the bigger world more often. I wish I could SPAM the entire world about this, just once.
But in this story about the volunteers being used as pawns on a chessboard, I am actively serious about saying that if someone says that was done by Amgen was routine, acceptable and the normal way of doing things, then that person has flunked the Litmus Test and should not be anywhere near me; should find a line of work that does not involve suffering people.
Ask people what they think about the Amgen controversy. It's a test question. You see, there is no controversy. What was done to the People With Parkinson's by Amgen was WRONG. If your doctor thinks that is controversial, you've got the wrong doctor. Moreso it applies to the researchers, and who should be permitted to examine us and drill holes in us. Some of those people clearly need to find a new career path, and not anywhere near me.
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote