View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 05:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

When you were first diagnosed with RSD/ CRPS what did you do??? Meaning, what therapies, medications, etc...? What worked? What did NOT work for you?

I sat there and said HUH?? He gave me a couple of meds, something for high blood pressure (which I don't have) and something else. Of course they did nothing for me at all. He wouldn't give me pain meds at all. Had to go to PT because I was on crutches and couldn't walk on my own at all. Even though it hurt so bad and I was always crying from pain I did eventually learn to walk again with a combination of in office and pool therapy. I loved the pool therapy!! Later a second round of PT which they discharged me from because it was making me worse. I've been on every antidepressent there is and can't take any of them because they have no effect except to make me a raving lunatic!! That's after only 1 week of taking them too, so I always stopped. Neurontin made me a lunatic and everyone's life and living HE--!!! So far only pain med and baclofen have helped me to at least have a bit of a life. I clean house and that's my therapy now.

When you were first diagnosed did your Dr. say if he/she thought you would recover? If so, in what amount of time?

Told me flat out there was nothing to be done but meds and go home and look RSD up on the computer. Rude way to learn there is no cure and that it'll probably get worse. 11 months later I was full body and fully believe it was due to VERY inadequate care and no pain meds.

Karen

Living, loving and laughing with RSD for 14 years and counting.
GalenaFaolan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote