View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 08:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Your opinion is appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mere View Post
Hello, I am Mere. I suffer with autoimmune spondylarthropathy, FMS and now ideopathic PN with gastroparesis. I was hospitalized for three days when my stomach filled up with food and bile and became, well, hurt.

Alongside these symptoms are tingling in my feet and hands and numbness in my nose, mouth and tongue. The gastroparesis is better and the PN is better but evident after three months. I manage diet carefully which borders on obsession and use medications to propel food through. Although, this is all 'new', I have been hospitalized a couple of times in the past 20 years with unexplained pain and the autonomic, PN symptoms. They did not know what what was happening at the time. So, apparently, it comes and goes.

My GED says the PN and gastroparesis are not related (what?)! My long-time Dr. the Rheumatologist says too much tylenol and verapamil are to blame so I am tapering from tylenol containing substances and have halved the Verapamil.

Can anyone here identify with the GP along with PN?

Hope everone is well.

Mere
I have what I believe would be gastroparesis. I need something to increase motility, or else food stops in midchest and back spasms from referred pain. I take Reglan, which I thought was a miracle drug, but now have involuntary movements secondarily and probably permanently - tardive dyskinesia I believe. Do you know of an alternative?
billie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote