View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 10:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Keep Smiling !
Glad to meet you on the boards..I wish it were under other circumstances..but like you, I am very happy to have found this board, with all its information, support, and truly great people!!

I, too was diagnosed (officially) on my birthday!!, August 1st, 2008, post injury and surgery of left foot/ankle! I had asked the doc a couple of months before if he suspected RSD, as I did, and he said "no." But on my Birthday, August 1, last year he finally made the diagnosis. I think I had it post surgery on Feb. 21, 2008, and even possibly post injury in 2006.

Nevertheless, i've had 6 lumbar blocks and take Neurontin which I barely tolerate as I work a detailed job full time. I couldn't tolerate Cymbalta and declined methadone. I get 5 injections into the nerves of my foot monthly, and I, too walk with a cane!
To answer your question, do I ever feel Zero pain? Oh, how I wish I did!! The burning is always there to varying degress in my rsd foot/leg and also in my right foot/leg and sometimes on my face and in my mouth!

Walking is very painful as I can only walk a few yards at a time..with terrible pain..it is there even without walking..There have been a handful of fleeting moments where my pain was almost indiscernable..maybe three or four times..
Any movement flares it up, even a few revolutions on an excercise bike or aqua therapy pool..doc thinks I also have entrapped nerves.

Everyone has difference circumstances and issues and I am hoping there are some who have had zero pain from time to time !!
Here's hoping that for all of us!!
Welcome to the boards!!!!
Hope4thebest
hope4thebest is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (08-27-2009)