Thread: imuran stopped
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 10:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Alan,

My bulbar symptoms have gotten really bad since having my thymectomy, and I saw my neuro. on Monday....She told me to increase my prednisone to 80 mgs (from 60 mgs) per day and start imuran...I'm very worried about doing this since I've been on prednisone for three weeks and haven't noticed much improvement...Especially now after reading your account re. the imuran...I'm also taking a ton of mestinon...it's just too many pills for us to handle, isn't it?

Were these symptoms of liver problems that you experienced? I'm sorry that the symptoms are taking a while to go away...It might take a while for your body to get back to normal...I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Nicky

P.S. Today, I forgot my mestinon at home today and was only able to take 180 mgs plus a 60 mgs tablet as opposed to 180 mgs and 3 x 60 mgs...My symptoms were much better today...Not nearly as weak as usual...Sometimes, I think that the docs. keeping us on the Mestinon along with the immunosuppresents can cause things to not get any better...
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
alan53 (08-27-2009)