Thread: There is A GOD
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 06:53 PM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member

FloatingOcean - Welcome to the forum

Here's the way I look at it. Some things in life are meant to be, and it's our job to navigate the course we've been given with as much grace and dignity as possible.

I used to work with pediatricians and neonatologists in a hospital. I know it was their expertise that saved Jennifer. BUT, it was God that brought it all together and made sure her treatment worked. There is obviously a reason for Jennifer being here with us - and she's just being thankful for her gift in this post.

If she had not survived, it was simply not meant to be - regardless of the expertise of the medical staff. It wouldn't mean that God loved her or her family any less.

I know what you mean about illness. I have a rare illness called familial amyloidosis. I had no idea the illness even existed until I was diagnosed at the age of 38. I'm losing the use of my arms/legs, organ function, and I'm going blind. The cherry on the top is there is no treatment or cure.

People tried to blame my illness on Satan, but I consider it an insult cuz I inherited this disease from my mother. Seriously, my illness and the pain/loss I have to suffer is not because God hates me or Satan loves me. It's just the path I've been given in life - and it's MY job to remain faithful and try not to throw too many hissy fits.

I've had a hard life. When I look back on my life now, I see that God was with me every step of the way. Sometimes he gave me what I wanted, other times he gave me what I needed. I'd be a fool to turn away from him now during my greatest time of need.

I enjoy questions like yours. We have a rule against debating religion, but we're allowed to discuss God and life questions as long as we respect each other's views.

If you have any other questions, it might be best to start a new thread. That way we can keep the focus on your questions and not take anything away from Jennifer.
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote