View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 02:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Wow, you live in Texas too
Sounds like a big trip! I would never be able to walk the airport, I would never make it from the parking lot! LOL
I found a cheap power wheelchair so I could go to the mall with my teenage daughter, she's 13 and just HAS to shop!
Luckily I can handle Starbucks on my own power! But I end up leaning my elbows on the table to hold my head up... its all new to me!
I'm not on any meds, I guess they want to know what I have first. My therapy is my dog. He keeps me entertained and busy. We can go for short walks in Petsmart on good days. This weekend is Canton. The largest flea market in the world, and I always go. I have missed it for 5 months but I am going to charge up the power chair and head out! I can hardly wait!!!
My neck gets really tired in the power chair though and even my tongue gets weak! I went to the mall in it for about an hour and poof! My tongue was done! My front neck muscles get messed up but it feels so good to be able to cruise around and see things! I haven't been out in months because I walk with these tiny little baby steps because it feels like my legs will collapse.
I am the ultimate jellyfish!
Jellyfish is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote