View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 04:41 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

MH, I have to believe that everyone's stories about caffeine intake and MG are more than anecdotal. It seems like everyone has some experience with it either making them better or worse. I do a similar thing. When I have that cup of coffee in the afternoon, which I refuse to give up, I back off on Mestinon.

Mrs. D. is right, we are all different. That is why I often caution about trying anything, whether it's a food or supplement. Only try one thing at a time just in case you have some kind of adverse reaction or side effect.

Since we all have immune "issues," pampering that immune system probably is the best thing any of us could do (like lots of sleep, laughing, etc.).

Kathy, I'm still afraid that doing that every other day thing with Pred is putting you into a little mini-adrenal crisis every other day! That is not good for the body. In fact, it can be dangerous. I think it's time for a conversation with your primary or neuro about that. Maybe a level dose is better for every single day. They usually only do the every other day when the every other day is zero mg. They do that in the beginning to try to keep the adrenals functioning. When you give your adrenals a "vacation" by going on Pred every day, they don't want to go back to work once you start reducing the dose!

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote