View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 07:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Withdrawal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessings2You View Post
I've had imaginary water running down my calves, imaginary spiders crawling on my legs and arms and scalp, and imaginary "things" flying around the house.

This is the first time I've had imaginary things biting me. I've looked in the mirror TWICE, sure there were little teeny bugs biting my scalp, ears, neck, forehead. I even got the magnifying mirror, but they AREN'T THERE!!!

If they don't drive me crazy, I'll end up slapping myself to death trying to kill them. AAAAAARGH!!!
Have you stopped or started any new medications recently? Sounds similar to DT's but I know that's not it. However, stopping a med abruptly could have same effect? I've had itching like that, but never mistook for bugs, although I could see how one might. Like to have drove me crazy. I truly understood suicidal impulses for the first time. Turned out to be either Tofranil, a tricyclic antidepressant I had taken for years, or the pink dye used to make the caps [got similar reaction to pink and white benedryl]. Hope you find relief SOONEST! With genuine empathy - billie
billie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote