View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 12:22 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

B2U,
I had all the same sensory symptoms as you are getting. That's what they are. They are invisible to the doctor, but yet you can feel them. It is the nerves under the skin, and your sensory perception.

The bug bites are a slight electrical shock that your mind interprets to be a bug. The brain names it for what it knows in the past. The wet pant leg used to drive me crazy, but that left after a few years.

I still get the "I feel like there is a bug crawling in my head in bed sensation", like a spider or whatever. I get the bug bite feeling on my legs, arms, side of face, mostly anywhere it wants. But more so when I am in a relapse.

I really think they are all slight electrical signals, from the brain, that you feel, because they have gone haywire.

I think your brain may re-wire itself over time, and the feelings start to change for the good or the bad. Sometimes I try to ignore them and darn it, a mosquito gets me. It was real. I hate when that happens.

Neurontin is supposed to help with sensory systems, but it stopped working for me after 7 years on it.

Just letting you know others get this too. We all perceive them a little different, like Pud's friend said hers were like.

And like dejibo said, try to change the feeling. If it is pain, rub it or put heat on it or cold. If it burns try a vibration, try to change the sensation your brain thinks its feels. It is real, you are not the only one.

May happiness be at your door. May it knock early, stay late, and leave the gift of good health behind.

"Life is what it is". We can only focus on controlling those things we can control, we must let go of the things we can't.
Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Twinkletoes (08-30-2009)