View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 09:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise G View Post
Lyrica has been working great, but I nearly had a car accident due to not being able to "think straight".

I cut back on the Lyrica as soon as flare began to let up in November. Now I'm doing better than I have in a long time! Which is great, EXCEPT I'm finally being sent to a Neurologist (thru work comp) tomorrow, and it seems I have very little symptoms!

Has anyone else gone into some sort of a "spontaneos remission" for a little while, then get bad again?
Hello there! I definitely have felt the great effect of lyrica althoguh you are right when sometimes it makes you feel a little funny. I did the same thing in October. I was on lyrica three times a day and was doing pretty well so I decided to go off of it. I was doing really well off of it until about early December when it started getting really bad again. Now I went back on lyrica and starting my little "on and off" lyrica cycle I seem to be on. Since I got off neurontin and had such a horrible experience with that I decided that I would not be on one medication long term jsut because of the bad side effects that could happen. Since Lyrica really hasn't been out long enough to know the long term side effects my doctor advised me to use it for a few months at a time and then subside it and when I start feeling worse again to start it back up.

I remember my first neurologist saying to me that CHILDREN have a very high chance of recovery completely. And there 3 people that I know personally who have had rsd. All three had it when they were teenagers like me. 2 of which are 100% better, no pain like 10-15 years (they are grown up now). The third has a SCS implanted and then there is me who still isn't better either but is going the non-scs route.

I don't know, I have heard though a lot that if caught early, remission or complete recovery is possible. BUT in most of our cases the doctors were too stupid to catch it so we are all still in pain .....
((hugs!!))

I found I could say things with color and shapes
that I couldn't say any other way...
things I had no words for
.-Georgia O'Keefe
HeatherAnne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote