View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 08:37 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

This is an interesting thread.

Those of us with Peripheral Neuropathy, we get this too.

That water going down the leg... I had this as the beginning symptom of Meralgia Paresethetica. This is an entrapment of the lateral femoral nerve. I had it for years, from my C-section surgery. It progressed to terrible stabbing pain attacks. When Lidoderm patches came out I tried them, and with time the nerve settled down, so now I hardly have much problems anymore with it.

The bug sensations, I get them on my lower legs. Sometimes.
Certain foods make them worse. MSG additive for one. and also nightshade veggies (esp potatos). I also have a over sensativity to the hairs on my lower legs. If any breeze brushes them it feels like bugs. When I shave I always seem to miss a few here and there, and when those move...it is an odd sensation. In winter when my legs are covered, I don't have those feelings at all. If I sleep with the fan on, I can get these anywhere!

Another thing that can do this peripheral nerve thing is Candida. So if you have a yeast infection it might activate these sensations..itching. The byproducts of Candida release aldehydes and they affect the sensory nerve endings.

So while I don't have MS I can relate to this post. Over the years we have had PNers who post similarly.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lady (08-28-2009), Twinkletoes (08-30-2009)