View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 09:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default what does it feel like?

Hi Atlanta,
I am recently diagnosed also and am so glad you asked the questions you did. I am going to post an update this afternoon but had to respond to your questions. My Nuero/Optho said he was diagnosing mine as Ocular right now also. However, he did say if I ever had trouble breathing or swallowing to get to the ER immediately. I also have chronic fatigue and weakness in my left arm and hand. he didn't think that was MG. I was so amazed at the people who said the first thing they noticed was having trouble blow drying their hair. I started notcing that at least 6 months ago and thought I just wasn't sleeping good. It is so frustrating Atlanta to have to wait for answers we want now. Just know you're not alone. I am dealing with the same issues as well as many others on this forum. He wants to start me on mestinon but not until the testing is all done which is a month away! My eye hasn't been the same since I was there Wed! They did so many tests on my eyes that I literally couldn't hold my right eye open anymore. As thankful as I am to have an answer I just want to get started started on the meds so I can hopefully get somewhat of a normal life back. Hang in there, we'll make it. I thought it was so interesting that the person from the UK (sorry can't go back to see who wrote it) said they don't diagnose just ocular until testing is finished. I am confused as to why they would diagnose someone with ocular if they are having the chronic fatigue and muscle weakness. Is that standard in the US or does it depend on the DR?
dog lover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote