View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 10:34 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default CoQ10, Vit B12, Vit E

Quote:
Originally Posted by jccgf View Post
Thanks, Rose, for the specific mention of B12 deficiency. How could I have neglected to mention that ? Vitamin E and CoQ10 deficiencies are also associated with cerebellar ataxia, and googling cerebellar ataxia with any of these should bring up lots of supporting data. Now, one would hope that the good doctors at Mayo would have considered these things, but you never know, and lab tests are not 100% accurate in determining underlying deficiencies. We know from personal experience how often B12 deficiency goes unrecognized for so many reasons. I'd want to be sure I had strong levels of all of these.

Cara
Hello. I am new to this site. Last year my father starting having problems with vision in his left eye. The eye doctor said it looked like a stroke behind the eye. Just as he was beginning to cope with that his speech became slurred and he would stumble around like he was drunk. He said his leg at times feels like it was not even a part of his body, but rater something heavy to carry around. He said that he is not actually dizzy, but feels unsteady. Also, his speech at times is very hard to understand. This past weekend he had a couple of episodes where he could not talk. Finally, drinking liquids (mainly water) chokes him. We too him to UAMS a diagnostic hospital/clinic. They ran all kinds of tests. They could not find anything. At first they were sure it was Lou Gherics, but then they decided it was a shrinking cerebellum. That too they could not say conclusively without a brain biopsy which my father has opted not to do. I began reading some of the posts here and he is wanting to try the enzyme to see if it helps with his unsteadiness. Plus we are looking for information about the gluten free diet. My questions are, what mg do you take of the CoQ10? I know the results take a while, but how long did it take before you started noticing a difference? Any help, advice, etc would be appreciated.
tritter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote