View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 10:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Atlanta,

My Mg affects me with fatigue, droopy eye and shortness of breath. Thank goodness I haven't had a crisis as some people on here. The weakness sometimes can be hard to explain. I'm a very active person usually and the fatigue stopped me in my tracks. As a mother I was used to going with activities all day long sometimes up until 8 or 9 at night with chores and such. This weakness brought it to a screeching halt. Usually with MG, after you are rested each night you can sometimes function. My neuro told me that the more you use your muscles the more fatigued you will become. I've always exercised and I haven't been able to resume that normally. I guess the best way I can describe the weakness to me is that my legs and arms feel like rubber bands. They get to the point that sometimes I feel that I could fall if I press on without resting. I told my husband that it feel like the life has been sucked right out of me sometimes. I am on Mestinon 3x a day. When I take it, it gives me relief for about 4 hours and then the fatigue sets back in. I hope this helps. My first symptom was actually the droopy eyelids and then a few months later i started experiencing double vision. Then after that the weakness set in. Just stay on track with yourself and rest as much as you can. I sure hope things go well with you. Take Care.
JCPA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote