View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 12:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello Fiona,

I'm glad to see you are doing well. I too have had some differernt thoughts about this "condition", and like you I've tried my best to live a normal life.

I discovered that this is part of the acceptance process. As we understand that the PD is part of our being, and there's really not much we can do about it, there's no sense in moping about, getting in a huddle then crying about it. It won't make it better; it only makes things worse the more we dwell on it.

So having said that, I am pursuing my life's dream. I'm going back to school full time for music. What have I got to lose along with all the more to gain. Education is good for the mind as we've found out. It stimulates the neurons to heal and reconnect if they can, and keeps our mind intact. The physical aspects of walking will be good. I do a lot of that anyway, but being on campus will require more exercise. Being around young people, much younger than me, will be truly stimulating. Heck I think I can teach them a thing or two and even contribute to the education process at the school. I envision myself as becoming an adjunct faculty or end up in some kind of education-related field afterwards.

Granted, I too need to take those nasty yellow, blue and orange pills on a daily basis. I measure them out during the morning and consume them all day, but without them I'm a useless old fart. So reluctantly they've become my reminder of what's at my core that I try my best to ignore and go on living.

I'm glad you posted what you did and I send my greatest thank you and commendations. This is what life is all about. We learn, we consume, and we deal with it all the best we can.

John
---|||-- -|||---profile if
---|||-- -|||---you know
----\\\--///----someone
-----\\\///-----who is living with, survived
------///\-----or has passed away from
-----///\\\----Cancer..
----///--\\\---Thank you
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lou_lou (08-28-2009)