View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 07:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Entering uncharted territory

my daughter just got her first menses yesterday...she is moody, a little crampy, and kind of nervous about her flow. I tell her how it was with me, hoping that it helps her a little, but at 54 you would think I would be comfortable with this. But she is my only child, I had her when I was 40, and has been the delight of my life every single day. She helps me in so many ways, especially when I am not feeling well. She brings me things, does things for me, and helps me to feel like I am the best mom in the universe...so she tells me!

If any of you have any advice for me, I certainly would appreciate it. I feel so inadequate to transition to this new phase of her life. But at least she didn't get it the day school started, so that is a plus. But I am worried at how she will do when she is in school. She is kind of fragile in her health, and little things amount to big things with her. I have to get her into her ENT to take out her tubes, and to see if she is doing ok without them in her ears. They are just laying in her ear canals, so I want him to take them out. That way we can judge if she needs more in, or if she is done with them.

Thanks for reading this. I didn't intend for it to be this long.

Have a blessed weekend!

Jewels
Jewels is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote