View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 08:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelrsd View Post
hey everyone i wanted to first welcome all the new faces and hello to all my old friends. the kids are back in school and have a spare minute to myself !!!

to i havent been on because i havent been able to type the last 3 wks or so. here is the story i know you might laugh i did afterwards but it really isnt that funny. sorry if this is long

ok so i was changing my daughters epi pen out from old to new. and anyone who has seen these knows that they auto inject. well i was tired hadnt been sleepin of course and runnin around crazy tryin to get stuff done was home late from work and it was her first night of school anyways im tellin her how important it is to not play with epi pens and that she had to take it straight to the nurse and not show anyone.

well not even 3 sec later i hit the release button and the needle part was right up next to my right thumb up to the skin. well the needle injected into the thumb and straight into the bone.!!! i was screamin bloody murder and my husband was in our room and said it sounded like a tire exploding. well short story he had to use pliars to pull it out. and i got have the injection of epi and it almost killed me because of my heart issues and the med interacted with the med i take for my heart and cluster headaches so its been fun. spent 2 days in the hospital and almost lost my thumb becuase epi can eat the tissue away if its not a fatty area and thumbs arent fatty LOL but i will be able to keep the thumb been havin to keep nitro on it to get circulation. but rsd is unforgiving.

pew that was a book in a have. so i am sorry that i havent posted much been reading tho. i hope that everyone is doin ok

carrie
Carrie, That is an awful story. I'm sure your entire household was in a panic. About 20 years ago I started carrying an EPI. Out of nowhere I had a bad reaction to shrimp. Made it to hospital. Then it was Crab, Then Lobster-my favorite 3!!!!!!! Well not worth dying for Have to be careful what is in vitamins, like calcium. Don't know what your little girl is allergic of, but it is truly scary.
About 3 years ago I had my first root canal and during the procedure, my heart started racing, felt like having a heart attack I guess-my mouth is wired opened, so can't talk, right.--So sign language comes to mind-pointed at my heart , eyes wide open--put my hand up like a policeman doing a stop sign motion- stop stop stop, back to heart signals. The doc finally unwires me so I can tell him my heart is out of control- he gave me anti-dote. He gave me the ephnephrine sp? to make the numbing drug last longer. Now I carry a medical alert for eph. drug.
What's going on Mike?
Bubble Wrap Bobber- you are just too funny111111
Carrie, I'm so glad you are OK. Glad you are back, Take care, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote