View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 07:30 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Neil,

I heard that too and we even wondered at first if it was going to be used in the NIH gene therapy trial, but we don't know the answer; don't know if it was ever FDA approved. I'm confused about devices getting approval as well as the treatment.

paula

Quote:
Originally Posted by aftermathman View Post
I argued some time ago in another thread that there is only one PD, that we all end up with the same prognosis, however with time I think I could have been wrong.

I agree that the Neuros need to be engaged in this process. My Neuro has seen enough PD to know that there are major differences between PWP, "everyone's Cancer is not the same" was a quote I remember from him.

He often talks to me of the differences in disease progression between different types of patients, however the main thrust of his sub types is age, young onset versus "older age" onset. I have never asked him if he agrees with different sub types of PD based on disease presentation.

I find this whole field fascinating, many thanks for the pdonlineresearch link, I was unaware of it.

Paula, I still believe Steven Gill at Frenchay in Bristol has developed a more effective GDNF delivery unit and got rights from Amgen, but I don't know the timescale of a trial.

Neil.

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote